Rules & safety guidelines
By participating in Bowman's Tag, you accept and agree (1) to be bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions set forth here.
Bowman's Tag's interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be final. By participating, each participant releases Ravenhood Shire, it’s directors and or members from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in bowman's Tag or winning any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each participant agrees to indemnify and hold Bowman's Tag harmless from and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions or any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in Bowman's Tag or the acceptance or use of any prize if applicable.
- Participants under the age of 19 must have the waiver form signed by a parent or legal guardian. This will be kept on file for further visits.
- Anyone putting the safety or well being of others at risk, creating a hazard to the site or creating a situation that could potentially have hazardous or destructive outcome, will be asked to leave without refund.
- During the game, please keep in mind that everyone is there to have fun. If you see any activity that is unsafe, please notify a staff member so the issue can be corrected immediately.
- No sexually aggressive or inappropriate behavior will be tolerated.
- Alcohol is prohibited on site. Intoxication will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave without refund.
- No illegal substances are allowed on site.
- No smoking on or around the Bowman's Tag field. Designated smoking areas will be assigned and clearly posted.
- Pets are not allowed on the Bowman's Tag field, with the exception of service/assistance animals with express permission.
- Please do not lean on bows or arrows, as this may cause damage to the equipment.
- All laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario apply to those participating in Bowman's Tag.
- Never dry fire a bow. Firing a bow without an arrow causes the limbs to absorb the shock. Dry firing a bow can cause fractures in the bow limbs and possible injury to the player.
- Always hold a bow by the riser and lay it flat when not in use. Do not Stand or lean the bow against a wall, it can cause the limbs to warp over time.
- Please do not lean on bows or arrows as this may result in injury and also damage the equipment.
- Do not use equipment to deflect, hit or deliberately contact incoming arrows. Swinging equipment at other objects can damage the equipment and cause injuries.
- Do not move or lean on the bunker.
- Do not shoot at players in the safety zone or outside the field boundaries.
- There will be a designated referee who will call players out, keep score and keep the game clock (except in fun mode).The referee will be located off the playing field near the safe zone at center field. The referee may move as needed to best oversee the match.
Please read our waiver form . Waiver form is to be filled out onsite and prior to game play.
Please note: If you are under the age of 19, you must have this signed by a parent or legal guardian. Please download the form.